Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Derry City 0 - 0 Linfield


Thompo yet again.

Group 2

Team P W D L GD PTS
Shelbourne 5 2 2 1 +4 8
Linfield 5 1 4 0 +2 7
Derry City 5 1 3 1 +2 6
Glentoran 5 1 1 3 -8 4


So we lose the lead of the group, Shelbourne having tanked the Glens 3-0 at the Oval, and apparently we were a bit lucky, but I was pleased when my dad phoned me to tell me the result, even if I couldn't get back to sleep after that, I'd have taken a draw before the game. Air McNair will hopefully have a wee summary to follow but some points:

+ we're still unbeaten in all-Ireland competition this season!
+ another clean sheet away from home
+ the fans, despite a 1.5 hour round trip on the way home across the border, got home safe and sound
+ a win vs. the Glens in our last match will see us through to the semis, probably as group winners as I fancy Derry to get something from Shelbourne. That would mean a home draw vs. Drogheda United, tough but not as tough as a prospective away match vs. Eircom League Champions Cork City...

- We've only scored 2 goals in 5 matches now
- Team knackered

Nearly there...

No comments: